SERVING THEIR COMMUNITY THE MASONIC WAY
BALDWYN LUDWICK LODGE NO. 7004 E.C.
1 September 2021
The Ashlar Newsletter, for the District Grand Lodge of the Eastern Archipelago is proud to highlight the wide array of worthy charity projects carried out by the Brethren of Baldwyn Lowick Lodge No. 7004 E.C. under the leadership of their Worshipful Master W. Bro. Mohd Ikhram Merican, his Wardens and Charity Steward Brother Jeremy Camps.
Guided by a well-known motto of Freemasons- “And now abideth Faith, Hope and Charity, these three but the Greatest of all is Charity” the following charities were successfully accomplished.
· 70 x Care Bears for Child Cancer Victims
· Donation to District Charity Fund of RM1,000
· Sponsoring 2021 Uniforms & Education of Rubenentiran, HIV Orphan from Rumah Jaireh, at International Canadian College, KL (RM11,000)
· Food Aid to Rumah Charis Orphanage– Jul – Sep 21 (RM 3,667 – includes RM 1,667 from the District Grand Lodge of the Eastern Archipelago allocated to all Lodges under the “One Time Non-Masonic Covid -19 Fund”
· Baldwyn Lowick Memorial Charity Fund (a joint initiative with Lodge Kinabalu – in 2021 to support rural education in Sabah/Sarawak). RM3,500. As both Lodge Kinabalu and Baldwyn Lowick Lodge were celebrating their 70th anniversary it felt only right that they join in unity to undertake this.
Brothers Russell Stuart & Ashok Rudy with Staff & BLL Care Bears for Children's Cancer Ward - Subang
The care teddy bears are often used by staff to calm children down, reward them for being brave, and – in some cases – demonstrate procedures. The care bear teddy has become a useful tool for medical professionals and a real comfort for children as well as a fund raiser for charities
Rumah Jaireh, at International Canadian College, KL (RM11,000)
Food Aid to Rumah Charis Orphanage– Jul to Sep 21,
Donated a total of
RM 3, 667 – which includes RM 1,667 from the District Grand Lodge of the Eastern Archipelago allocated to all Lodges under the “One Time Non-Masonic Covid -19 Fund”